- Custom-made glass
- Living room
- Glass accessories
Sealing set for furnace/boiler/fireplace Premium
Repair kit for stove/boiler/fireplace Premium
One repair kit consists of 2.5 meters of Premium sealing cord and one tube of glue. When buying a cord with a diameter of more than 10 mm, we suggest buying additional glue.
- Status: New
- Cord diameter: selectable from the list
- Cord length: 2.5 m
- Temperature resistance: 700°C
- Material: elastic weave made of basalt yarn
- Application: sealing the connections of chimney systems with heating devices, sealing the doors of fireplaces, stoves or boilers.
- Effectiveness: Confirmed by a certificate
- Certificate: PZH HK/B/0891/01/2015
- Adhesive capacity: 20ml
- Temperature resistance: 1100°C
- Drying time: 4-5h
- Application: fastening of gaskets made of ropes, tapes and cords made of glass fiber, basalt or silicon fiber and seals made of ceramic fibers to the doors of cookers, stoves, boilers and other heating devices.
Premium basalt cord is characterized by increased resistance to temperatures up to 700 °C; high flexibility, thanks to which it easily adapts to sealed surfaces; good resistance to many chemical compounds, including alkaline ones, with an extended period of preservation of sealing properties compared to standard sets.
- We do the work after the fireplace has cooled down, when it is cold.
- The cord is usually fixed in special grooves on the inside of the door. Put on protective gloves, take a screwdriver or similar tool to pry the existing cord; be careful, because maybe the old cord may fall apart. Use a brush (preferably wire) to remove the remnants of cord and old glue. Finally, degrease with a cloth moistened with denaturant (or other oily agent)
- Spread with a thin layer of glue at the bottom of the groove (the tube must be opened by unscrewing the cap and piercing the tube film with the reverse side of the nut); the lower part of the nut (dispenser) can be shortened as needed.
- Spread the glue along the length of the groove. When pasting a new cord, start from the center of the bottom of the door. Spread the cord along the entire length of the door, pressing it tightly. If you have to trim the end of the cord – do it with a neat, "clean" cut so that it fits snugly to the other end. You can not leave a gap between one and the other end.
- Press the gasket into the glue, without stretching it in the process of pasting; remove any excess glue with a damp cloth. The sealing side of the cord should not be soiled with glue.
- Close the door, then open and check that the gasket has fit snugly. Leave to dry for at least 4-5 hours, without closing the door
- It is best to ignite in the fireplace with a small flame so that the glue additionally hardens. To be sure, you can re-perform the door tightness test with a piece of paper. Now you are ready for the new heating season!
When replacing the gasket, all activities should be carried out in protective clothing.